RE: [Sipping] RE: another two questions ondraft-ietf-sipping-race-examples-04

"Brett Tate" <brett@broadsoft.com> Tue, 11 September 2007 13:24 UTC

Subject: RE: [Sipping] RE: another two questions ondraft-ietf-sipping-race-examples-04
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:25:00 -0400
From: Brett Tate <brett@broadsoft.com>
To: "Rockson Li (zhengyli)" <zhengyli@cisco.com>
Cc: sipping@ietf.org

There is no reason to mention the requirement of the Contact within the
Early definition.  The early dialog is created by presence of To tag
within the non 100 provisional response.  The lack of Contact does not
preempt it being an early dialog; it instead implies rfc2543 compliance
instead of rfc3261 compliance.

As mentioned within the rfc3261 section 12.1.1 quote, rfc3261 requires
the Contact (even if rfc2543 did not).